Pottery painting or Paint Your Own Pottery as it is sometimes known is a great introduction to the world of decorative ceramics. We always have a wide range of fun and practical bisque shapes that are great as a unique gift or as an item to compliment your home interior.
Our bisque pieces start at £15.00 including your £5.00 firing fee.
The process is really quite simple.
1. Choose the piece you would like to glaze decorate
2. Dampen the surface with the sponge provided.
3. Squeeze out a 'Smartie' sized blob of glaze colour into your palette.
4. Start painting your design.
5. Your painted piece is then dried, dipped in a clear glaze and fired in our Kiln.
6. Depending on how busy we are, it can be up to two weeks for your piece to be fired and finished.
You will always have a member of staff explain the best way to paint your piece. All the glazes we use are very safe but if you have any allergies please let us know.
You can come on your own, with a friend or as a group. We regularly have adult and children's pottery painting parties in the studio and can cater for up to 20 painters at one time. If you would like to book please call and we can discuss your requirements.
brighton and hoves only studio art store
art shop & Pottery